What are Music & Learning and Music & Well-being?
The Music Man Foundation interprets Learning and Well-being as follows:
- LEARNING: Participants gain skills or knowledge.
- WELL-BEING: Participants experience improved quality of life.
The Music Man Foundation interprets Music & Learning and Music & Well-being as follows:
- MUSIC & LEARNING: Programming where skills are developed over time from a repeated music learning experience led by a trained instructor.
- MUSIC & WELL-BEING: Programming that intentionally utilizes music to improve both physical and/or mental health which is delivered by a qualified provider. This may include music as a tool that supports medical treatment as part of a more holistic approach to health care.
- MUSIC & LEARNING and MUSIC & WELL-BEING: Programming which facilitates learning and well-being through the intentional use of music.